- This event has passed.
The Master Print with Natasha Calzatti – PAS
August 3 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This workshops will cover what you need to know to make the finest digital prints from your digital camera files. From exposure to adjustment/optimization to choosing the right paper. Examples of different fine-art papers will be shown to make the best possible prints. And beyond the technical details, you will learn ways to make your images stronger and more compelling.
This course will cover:
• Workflow for the master file concept using Photoshop
• Using Adobe Camera Raw and or Lightroom
• Getting the most of our your digital capture
• What to do in Lightroom—and what to save for Photoshop
• Photoshop selection tools—tips and techniques
• Setting density and color balance
• Retouching, burning and dodging
• Using Smart-sharpening techniques
• Black-and-White Conversion
• Using color management to ensure consistent results from monitor to final print
• Final print critique: What makes an effective print?
• Presentation: Archival methods of mounting and matting digital prints
What to Bring
Bring 5-10 of your best images. Portraits, Cityscape, Landscape or any other theme. These files should be Raw, Tiff, PSD or Jpeg saved on a flash drive or hard drive. If the image has been adjusted/retouched then bring the original file as well. We will be making image adjustments using Lightroom and Photoshop. Everyone should have two or more master prints by end of class.
*Note: Lightroom and or Photoshop software basic beginner knowledge is required.