« All Events
Photoshop Basics with Natasha Calzatti – LA
June 29 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
In this intensive one-day hands-on computer workshop, longtime Photoshop instructor Natasha Calzatti will cut through the complexity in Photoshop and help you to master it as a photographic tool. Natasha will show you the fundamentals of Photoshop, how to do the things most beginners are wanting to do when they first open up the program. This workshop is designed in mind for the Lightroom or beginner Photoshop user.
- Adobe Bridge, the next-generation File Browser, where you can process multiple camera raw images at once, resize, rate, and label thumbnails; quickly review images in Slideshow mode, and search metadata.
- Adobe Camera Raw processing, enjoy automatic adjustments of exposure, shadows, and brightness and contrast; and much more.
Note Lightroom users: The two topics above will be part of your Lightroom workflow.
- How to remove blemishes or ‘touch up’ a portrait (using the Spot Healing Tool)
- Working with Layers and Adjustment Layers
- Working with Masks
- How to Crop
- How to adjust exposure and fix color-cast problems (using the Camera RAW filter)
- How to remove an object from a photo (using Content Aware Fill)
- How to move an object in a photo (using Content Aware Move) and duplicate/transform content
- How to remove a subject from a photo and place it on a new background (using Smart Select and Refine Edge)
- How to add text
- How to save your photos in both editable and sharable formatsThis class takes place in our state of the art computer lab where each student is assigned a 23-inch iMac. You do not need to bring a laptop.