Terms and Conditions
By clicking on the “Add To Cart” button, or otherwise using samysphotoschool.com, you agree to the following:
Registrations for a training course can be made by completing and purchasing a ticket on the Samy’s Camera Photo School website (www.samysphotoschool.com). Samy’s Camera limits class sizes to allow for the optimal training environment for the individuals taking the class. This ensures sufficient individual attention. Pre-registration is required.
One customer per seat purchased only. Unpaid persons accompanying a paid student to class will not be permitted to attend the course. If you have a disability or some other condition that requires someone accompany you in order to attend the course, please contact us to make arrangements.
Students must be 18 years of age to attend courses and events. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The course fee for public classes will be charged per participant for the entire course. Fees vary in accordance with the course level, duration, and delivery method. A listing of course schedules and related fees are available here on our website.
Unless otherwise noted, course fees permit attendance to the entire class session(s) specifically designated for that course, date, and time period and any materials that have been created for all participants with the express purpose of facilitating the learning within the course. Any classes missed by the participant, through no negligence or technical issues caused by Samy’s Camera, remain the responsibility of the participant, and “make-up” sessions are not available as part of the original fee paid. For on-site classes, fees do not include the cost of travel, accommodation, food, or any other extra services. We do not take responsibility for non-refundable airline tickets, so please buy a refundable ticket if you are coming from outside of Los Angeles.
Any discounts that may apply as part of an agreement or special promotion cannot be combined, unless specifically granted by Samy’s Camera. Samy’s Camera reserves the right to review and change course fees without notification. However, course dates that were booked prior to the price change, and for which Samy’s Camera have received valid payment; will be honored at that fee that was applicable at the time of booking.
Refunds and Cancellations:
Our goal is to provide a fun and professional learning environment that fosters a positive experience and builds a strong relationship with Samy’s Camera customers. Unless otherwise noted, all classes require advance registration due to limited seating and/or availability.
Samy’s Camera may cancel or reschedule a training course if the number of participants is less than that specified for the relevant event, or if an instructor is incapacitated through illness, or for other reasons of a serious nature. Should this be the case, all monies will be refunded in full. For on-site or classroom trainings, Samy’s Camera shall not be liable for non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is cancelled or rescheduled.
Refund requests must be submitted via email 48 hours prior to a course. If a cancellation or rescheduling request is received less than 48 hours before the event, or in the case of absence without any notice, no refund will be issued. The customer has the right to send another participant as a substitute. There are no refunds for partial use of services or partial attendance.
Copyright / Intellectual Property Rights:
The copyright in and all other intellectual property rights relating to the course documentation, and any other training materials provided to the course participants, are solely owned by and hereby reserved to Samy’s Camera. Under no circumstances may the whole or any part of the course documentation be produced or copied in any form or by any means or translated into another language without the prior written permission of Samy’s Camera. Training materials are defined to also include all electronic knowledge products or learning systems, which have been given to the participant on a storage device or made accessible via the Internet. Offenders are liable for payment of damages.
Samy’s Camera reserves the right to amend the content of any course without notice to the participants where, at the sole discretion of Samy’s Camera, such amendment is deemed not to fundamentally change the content of such course.
Rules Of Participation:
Each student attending Samy’s Camera courses shall comply with all regulations and procedures established and communicated for the course.
Software made available by Samy’s Camera for training purposes must not be removed, nor may it be copied either wholly or in part or rendered useable in any other form for which consent has not been obtained. Course materials provided by Samy’s Camera and are intended for training purposes only.
Participants are requested to come to the training site 15 minutes before the start of class. The customer shall remain responsible for his or her activities and behavior during a Samy’s Camera course. The customer is liable to pay for any damage that is caused by their participant to any property belonging to Samy’s Camera.
Computer equipment may not be used at any time for non-course related purposes, and are not intended to provide Internet access. Participants must not access or attempt to access any Samy’s Camera computer-based data that is not specifically part of the training course.
Mobile phones must be switched off during class, and calls may only be made or received during class breaks so as to not disturb the instructor(s) and/or other participants.
Samy’s Camera reserves the right to exclude (a) participant(s) from attending any course due to disorderly conduct, failure to observe any of Samy’s Camera’s rules of participation. No refund of fees shall be paid to the participant in such circumstances.
By clicking on the “Order Now” button you agree to the following:
Samy’s Camera Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release from Liability
In consideration of my upcoming participation in the program, class workshop or event offered, sponsored and/or organized by Samy’s Camera (including any affiliates, officers, employees, agents, contractors or licensees, collectively referred to hereinafter as “Samy’s”) and related use of the property, equipment, facilities and/or services provided through such program, class, workshop or event, including travel related thereto, (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Program”) I agree to the terms and conditions in this Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release from Liability (referred to below as this “Agreement”) as follows:
1. RISK FACTORS. I understand and acknowledge that the use of property, equipment, facilities and/or services provided through the Program, may involve risks such as, but not limited to, risk of property damage, theft, bodily injury and possible death, which might result from the use of equipment or facilities, from the activity itself, from the acts of others, or from the unavailability of emergency medical care. Additional risks may include but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, alcohol consumption by participants and actions of other individuals.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I assume all risks (including known and unknown) that arise out of the use of the equipment, the facilities, the activity itself, the act of others and/or the unavailability of emergency care, including but not limited to, those risk factors described in section 1 above. My participation in this Program is purely voluntary; no one is forcing me to participate and I elect to participate in spite of all known and unknown risks.
3. PREREQUISITE SKILLS AND PHYSICAL FITNESS. I acknowledge that I have the requisite skills, qualifications, physical abilities, and training necessary for proper and safe use of the equipment and facilities and to participate in the Program itself. I certify that I am physically fit, I have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in the Program and a qualified medical professional has not advised me to refrain from participating in the Program. I certify that I have no health-related problems/reasons that preclude participation in the Program. I agree that if I have any questions as to what skills, qualifications or training is necessary to properly use the equipment, facilities, services and/or to participate in the activity itself, I will direct such questions to the appropriate Samy’s employee or representative.
4. RELEASE. I waive, release and discharge Samy’s from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of Samy’s, for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me, including traveling to and from the Program. I agree not to sue Samy’s on account of or in conjunction with any claims, causes of action, injuries, damage, cost of expenses arising out of the Program (including traveling to and from), including but not limited to those based on death, bodily injury, disability property damage or theft whether or not caused by the acts, omissions, negligence or other fault of Samy’s. I acknowledge that Samy’s is not responsible for the errors, omissions, acts or failure to act of any party or entity conducting a specific Program on behalf of Samy’s.
Samy’s Camera will not accept liability for any damage that may result from possible viruses on copied file disks or other external file storage devices.
5. WAIVER. I waive the protection afforded by any statute or law in any jurisdiction including California Code 1542 whose purpose, substance, and/or effect is to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise which the person giving the release does not know of or suspect at the time of executing the release. This means, in part, that I am releasing unknown future claims.
6. INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND. I agree to indemnify and defend Samy’s (also referred to below as “indemnitee”) against, and hold Samy’s harmless from any and all claims, causes of action, damage judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees which in any way arise from the Program or this Agreement which include but are not limited to damages to or destruction of any property of the indemnitee, of any others, my injury or death or anyone else or any liability arising from the act or negligent act of the indemnitee, myself or anyone else.
7. PAY. I agree to pay for any and all damages I have caused either negligently, willfully, or otherwise to any property or individual during the Program (including travel to and from).
8. REPRESENTATIVES. I enter into this Agreement for myself and my heirs, assigns and legal representatives.
9. EMERGENCY TREATMENT CONSENT. I, as a participant in the Program, hereby consent to medical treatment in a medical emergency where I am unable to consent to such treatment.
10. INSURANCE. I understand that Samy’s does not carry participant insurance. I understand that I am encouraged to have a physical examination and to purchase health insurance prior to any and all participation.
11. IMAGES. I understand that I might be photographed and/or filmed at the Program and/or related activities. I hereby consent to being photographed and/or filmed at the Program and/or related activities. I understand that any image or images (including any video or film), containing my likeness taken during the Program and/or related activities (hereinafter the “image”) are the property of Samy’s, and may appear in various publications, modes of communication, advertising and social media including but not limited to the Samy’s website, Twitter, Facebook and other such media. My signature below grants Samy’s and the photographer of the image the following worldwide, irrevocable rights, in perpetuity: to use and re-use, publish and re-publish, disseminate, modify or alter, and copyright such images of me, or in which I may be included. Use of such images of me for editorial, commercial, trade, marketing, advertising, or any other purpose may be made in any medium now existing or subsequently developed. I waive my right to inspect or approve any such images of me and/or any editorial matter or advertising copy that is used in connection with any such images. My signature below grants Samy’s the right to sell by auction or any other mode of sale the images as determined by Samy’s in its sole discretion. I hereby waive all rights to any kind of compensation for Samy’s use and/or sale of the images. I release and discharge Samy’s and the photographer from any and all claims arising out of use and/or sale of such images by Samy’s and the photographer for the purposes described above, including any claims for libel, copyright violation, invasion of privacy and compensation. In the event that I share any photograph(s) with Samy’s via email, social media, hard-copy or otherwise, which was/were taken during the Program, I hereby agree that I will have no expectation of privacy with regard to any such photograph(s). I furthermore hereby agree that any such photographs may be used or reposted by Samy’s at any time on any social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter without any compensation to me or any photo-credit or acknowledgment and without violation of any of my intellectual property rights, including copyright.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND ARBITRATION. The validity, interpretation and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law principles. The parties agree that any controversy, claim or dispute between them or against any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, whether related to this Agreement or otherwise, and/or the relationship or duties contemplated under this Agreement including the validity of this arbitration clause, shall be resolved solely and exclusively by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association or other arbitration association mutually agreed upon by the parties. Any arbitration hearing shall take place in Los Angeles, California, under the Arbitration Rules then in effect. Any award of the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties agree to abide by all decisions and awards rendered in such proceedings. Such decisions and awards rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and conclusive. The costs of any arbitration shall be borne equally by both parties pending the arbitrator’s awards. The arbitrator shall not have the right to amend this Agreement. The arbitrator shall be required to follow applicable law. If for any reason this arbitration clause becomes inapplicable, each party to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, hereby irrevocably waives all right to trial by jury as to any issue relating hereto in any action, proceeding or counterclaim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any other matter involving the parties hereto.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior communications, understandings and agreements relating to the subject matter hereof, whether oral or written. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by mutual agreement of authorized representatives of the parties in writing.
14. ACKNOWLEDGMENT. I have read and comprehend this Agreement. I understand that this Agreement relates to surrendering valuable legal rights and I do so freely and voluntarily.